CHASM – Community of Human Analogue Space Missions
The Mars Society UK is proud to present CHASM – a Community of Human Analogue Space Missions, for all crews around the World.
Analogue space missions are spread throughout the world and need collaboration to avoid redundancy, improve research and create networking. The goals for CHASM are therefore:
- Develop the growing analogue astronautics community.
- Foster international relationships with like-minded people.
- Knowledge share and lessons learned for better missions.
If you would like to be part of the growing community then please get in touch, see our contacts page.
Three events so far:
- CHASM had its first successful conference in April 2022 (details here)
- Had a successful first workshop in Lunares, Poland in October, 2022 (details here)
- And will have its second workshop in Astroland, Spain in February, 2023.
We aim to have a Conference every two years and a Workshop in an analogue space mission base at least once a year.
Eleonore Poli first approached the Mars Society UK in 2021 with the idea for the Conference.
In a short amount of time it has grown to include a number of analogue bases throughout the world.
The Mars Society UK has aspirations for its own analogue space habitat. So watch this space.
(Images thanks to Nicolas Lobos, Manuel Will, Sebastian Leonhardt, Juli Kosolapova and Bailey Zindel on Unsplash)